Prep: 40 Minutes
Cooking: 10 Minutes
Serves: Makes 4
300g boneless kid meat (leg or loin)
4 almost-ripe peaches
1 tablespoon good olive oil
2 tablespoons runny honey
2–3 tablespoons toasted flaked almonds
2 tablespoons chopped mint
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat up the barbecue, or preheat your grill to high. If using wooden skewers, soak 4 for 30 minutes in cold water.
- Trim the meat of any sinew or membrane, using the tip of a sharp knife, and cut it into 3–4cm/1–1 ½ in dice.
- Halve and stone the peaches, then cut them into large chunks. Thread the meat and peach chunks alternately onto 4 wooden or metal skewers; you should fit 3 or 4 pieces of each onto each skewer.
- Lay the kebabs on a baking tray, trickle with the olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Place the kebabs on the barbecue or under the hot grill and cook, turning regularly, for 3–6 minutes or until the meat is just cooked through (although you can serve it pink).
- Finish with a good drizzle of honey, toasted almonds and some freshly chopped mint.